The Paulson Institute has an immediate opportunity for a Research Associate to join our think tank, MacroPolo. At MacroPolo, our team of experts aims to decode China’s economic arrival by providing timely commentary, valuable insights, and best-in-class research to market participants, corporate leaders, and policymakers. Our unique approach in using thoughtfully designed digital interactives as well as dynamic content and databases sets us apart in this field. Come join us as we strive to foster a US-China relationship that serves to maintain global order in a rapidly evolving world.
This Research Associate will primarily focus on developing research and data-driven work on Chinese politics, policymaking, and political economy. With a solid understanding of the Chinese political system, you will develop and work with large data sets and other quantitative tools to generate research/analysis in this domain. In addition to working collaboratively with the analytical and creative groups, you will be expected to independently determine and execute your own research agenda, as well as publish under your own byline.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, have strong analytical skills, and have a nose for insights and differentiated research for MacroPolo’s audience that spans policy, businesses, and markets. You should feel comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and performance-oriented culture.
- Analyze elite politics, policymaking, and bureaucratic politics in China
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative analysis on the Chinese political economy
- Work with leadership and other team members in developing analytical products in various forms
- Regularly publish research in a clear, compelling manner
- Represent the Paulson Institute in a professional manner, participating in external events
- Develop domain expertise and work cross-functionally with creative
- Master’s degree in relevant field and authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to write effectively and communicate clearly in English (native or near-native)
- Ability to conduct research in Chinese language primary sources strongly preferred
- Familiarity with data software and data analysis skills preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant research
The Paulson Institute offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.