The Paulson Institute has an immediate opening for a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate on energy in our think tank, MacroPolo. Our team of experts provides incisive analysis, insightful research products, and creative multimedia and digital content. At MacroPolo, we believe in:
- creating distinctive products that have a high insight to noise ratio;
- delivering consistently high-quality and forward-looking analysis and best-in-class research;
- harnessing technology and data to build functional, beautiful, and accessible content;
- taking a design-centric approach to simplify complexity in everything we do.
Come join us to create original and impactful work that focuses on both China and cross-cutting global themes.
This position focuses on the energy sector and the ongoing global energy transition, particularly its intersection with the economy, technology, and industrial policy. You will develop both qualitative and quantitative work by working with large data sets and tools to generate research and analysis. This position provides an opportunity to build on existing work and expand into new realms working collaboratively with our analytical and creative teams to bring your research to life. We expect that your research will focus on the auto and renewable sectors, including key technology and commodity inputs. You should have a solid understanding of the Chinese energy landscape as well as an interest in comparative energy development in China and beyond. You will be expected to independently determine and execute your own research agenda, as well as publish under your own byline.
- Research and analyze key energy industry and sectoral issues in China and beyond;
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative analysis to generate original research;
- Produce compelling commentary and analyses for publication;
- Work across the MacroPolo team to execute on analytical and interactive products;
- Define new areas of specialization and develop comparative work that aligns with core competence;
- Engage in occasional external writing and publications;
- Represent the Paulson Institute in a professional manner, including participation in external events and media.
- Master’s degree in relevant field or relevant comparable experience;
- Authorization to work in the U.S.;
- Experience with data analysis and quantitative research tools;
- Excellent analytical and research skills, including the ability to conduct research in Chinese and other languages, preferred;
- Prior record of publications is preferred;
- Ability to write effectively and communicate clearly in English;
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in relevant research preferred.
The Paulson Institute offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.