The Communications Manager will help expand the reach of the Paulson Institute, its programs, and thought leaders among key audiences, primarily (but not exclusively) through using a variety of digital media channels and tools. As a member of the Communications team, Communications Manager will assist in the development and implementation of strategies to communicate the Paulson Institute’s mission in the U.S., proactively identifying communication opportunities and assisting in producing thoughtful and creative media content to advance PI priorities. While the position will have a special focus on building PI’s digital media presence and storytelling capability, the ability to distill complex details into interesting short bites of information for blog posts, articles, press releases and other creative content is key to this role’s success. Other responsibilities will include broader communications-related work such as event planning and coordination.
- Work across the organization to develop and implement digital strategies and effectively tell the story of PI’s efforts.
- Design, write and post content to digital media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other relevant sites.
- In coordination with Communications team help develop and execute on media calendar and editorial calendar.
- Act as the liaison with the US based program teams to track publications and help support content development.
- Manage, compose, and proofread content for a robust, engaging website. This includes web content, articles, story maps and other compelling content on conservation and green finance.
- Monitor digital media channels for engagement of/response to audiences; track and report on US media coverage of the Paulson Institute.
- Continuously optimize content and media tools, staying abreast of and implementing digital media best practices.
- Develop metrics to measure and evaluate the impact of communications work; research, analyze, and report on all digital media analytics.
- Support the creation of key messages, promotional materials, annual report, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Support US Communications Director on media relationships and events, including but not limited to press conferences, media roundtables, one-on-one interviews, etc., including development of related materials.
- Assist with the ideation and development of the PI editorial calendar
- Copyediting content for message continuity
- Update the website with new content as needed
- 2-5 years of digital media and communication experience
- Highly proficient with multiple media platforms, web analytics, and email marketing tools
- Good writing and editing skills
- Creativity and strategic thinking essential
- Technical skills, such as WordPress, SEO, data visualization, multimedia
- Bachelor’s degree and authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Interest in or knowledge of China a plus
*Please attach a resume and cover letter when applying: