US-China Manufacturing Program
The Manufacturing program focuses on trends that will determine the future of global manufacturing capital flows and tackles the challenges of promoting mutually beneficial partnerships that support the United States manufacturing sector and create jobs in the US.
Research: The Institute commissions investment papers on Chinese manufacturing projects in the United States, co-developed with private sector and academic partners.
- Tianjin Pipe Corporation’s $1 billion project in Texas
- Wuxi Suntech Power’s Failed Project in Arizona
- Nanshan Group’s Aluminum Project in Indiana
Workshops: The Institute convenes periodic workshops in Beijing and Chicago with Chinese, American and global CEOs and executives, focused on technological change, sectoral trends, and investment opportunities.
- Paulson Institute-McKinsey Workshop on the Future of Manufacturing, October 2013, Chicago
- Paulson Institute-McKinsey Workshop on the Future of Manufacturing, June 2013, Beijing